Year 5 and 6
THIS TERM AT A GLANCE - Summer Term
- Our theme this term will be, ‘Our World, Our Future, Our Environment’.
- The children will be studying the poem, ‘The Highwayman’ by Alfred Noyes.
- They will be learning some of this poem by heart and writing a story based on this poem.
- The children’s art focus will be recreating images inspired by this poem using charcoal.
- The children will be cultivating plants using the allotments they dug whilst studying WWII and the ‘Dig For Victory’ campaign. This will link to our environmental topic.
- The children will be looking at the importance of recycling.
- During the ART day the children will be able to use a variety of techniques, materials to create a flower and they will be studying a range of different artists.
- We will be starting teaching the children swimming at the end of May.
- The P.E focus will be outdoor games.